Monday, July 26, 2010

Shoes, shoes, shoes...

I know. I do not need another pair of shoes. Really. To quote someone very dear to me: I have plenty of shoes, I dont' need another pair. Still, I can't help it - shoes are one of the many things in life that make me happy. They are always there for me, and they do not care whether my BMI has a life of its own. Taking an old pair of really nice shoes out of my shoe closet is like meeting one of those old friends that you do not see so often, but when you finally meet - it's like you saw each other yesterday. There is no awkwardness - and you end up having a great time.

Anyway - last year we renovated our apartment. And I had to pack all of my shoes into boxes to have them stored. I stopped counting when I got to 100 pairs. Just recently, my dear husband asked me whether I really use all of my shoes. Of course! Or?

So I decided to start writing this blog - remotely inspired by the "Julie/Julia Project". Seen the movie? I am not going to go through all the recipes of a well-known cookbook. My simple objective will be to try wearing all the shoes in my shoe closet - just to prove that I can. Even though I must admit - there are a few pairs that I do not really look forward to - as "comfort" is not always on the top of the list when I buy shoes. I will give myself a year to do this, as I live in a country with four quite distinct seasons - so that some shoes will need to wait for the right season. You will see my point when we get there. Along with my shoes - you will get everyday bits and pieces about my life in those shoes. So, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment