Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Post kick-off stress syndrome

As much as I adore my Fiorentini+Baker biker boots (SJP* has them too!), I cannot help but feeling a bit down about the fact that it is time to wear them again. Autumn is here. I will most probably not be wearing sandals for a while now. At least not until Christmas, that is (yay!). Booked my flight to the Caribbean yesterday. 99 days to go.

Work is a tad (too) hectic these days. Great fun, but there is not really time for so much else. All work and no play makes me a dull girl, indeed. Well, I guess I played enough this weekend, anyway.

Arrived at my French class late today, ran out of a meeting in the office and managed to hop on the wrong tram. I had not had the time to do my homework, so I had to pull something similar to the good old "the dog ate my homework" excuse. I blamed having to work for 14 hours straight yesterday. I could tell that the two lawyers were really impressed, and that I had their sympathy. The female executive, that I now know works in Human Resources somewhere, gave me a worried look. And, finally, our "hope for the future" just looked at me, thinking "I am soooo never getting a job like that. Seeeeriously. You have to work thaaaat much, and it is not even in faaaaashion. Duh."

You may not be aware of it, but I read people´s minds really well. Your are hereby warned.

* SJP is the actress that plays the main character in SATC. A real style icon. If none of this makes any sense to you, please go away. Now. Or please google it or something, you twit.

No comments:

Post a Comment