Friday, September 10, 2010

Say "cheeeeeese"!

Looking back at this week, it has not really been a week for fab shoes. When I am busy and tired I tend to focus on comfort. I will try to get a grip on it and be better next week. Today´s shoes are from my favorite clothing brand. This is the kind of shoes that the stylish (but middle-aged) female Italian tourists wear when traveling (as seen in Vigeland Park). I think I would have to take up smoking to be more Italian than this.

Wheeew! I had such a fun day at work today, but with back-to-back meetings all day - you feel like a limp dishrag in the end. I simply can´t handle that much fun in one day. (By the way, please do not tell the local tax authorities that I actually enjoy my job so much - they might decide to increase my taxes.)

I did not even have time to eat my packed lunch. Lunch "on-the-go" is a bit of a challenge since I am trying to keep my carbs to a minimum. I try to defend myself against all the evil (screaming!) carbs by always keeping an omelette handy. "Is that an omelette in your handbag, or are you just happy to see me?" Problem is, I never do have the time to actually eat this when I am busy, and I always forget to bring cutlery. Once I managed to eat my "Emergency Handbag Omelette" (EHO?) using a ruler. The old girl scout returns when you least expect her to.

As you are not supposed to go grocery shopping on an empty stomach, I went straight for my local deli - "Fromagerie" - on the way home. I simply refuse to abide to stupid rules like that. Life is too short not to stuff your face with amazing food when you feel like it. This shop actually works a bit like a drug dealer, with the first hit being "on the house" (or - at least that is what I have heard). Except in this case there are no needles involved, just "teeny-weeny" pieces of delicious, mouth-watering cheese. And - no carbs. Just fat-fat-fat and loads of protein. Ahhhh. Went completely berserk, as I always do when I enter this shop. I must do something about my serious Pata Negra* addiction someday soon.

Now I am quite ready for a romantic threesome with husband and a bottle of Vosne-Romanee. I guess maybe our old friends Moet & Chandon will show up at some stage. I learned today that they get on really well with Langres**.

P.S. Honey, are you coming home soon? Leave that stupid office now, will you?

For today´s session in adult education, please refer to:
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamón_ibérico
** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langres_(cheese)

No comments:

Post a Comment