Saturday, July 02, 2011

The runaway


My Roman gladiator sandals. Purchased years ago. In Rome, of course. YEARS before these were deemed even remotely fashionable. I am SUCH a trendsetter, right.

After the shock from the algae-infested-pool-incident had settled, we finally had the time to start looking more closely at the rest of the house. To our great shock, something - or rather SOMEONE was missing. The garden gnome. The one I had so carefully brought to France in my hand luggage for him to get a better life. Had he now run away, the ungrateful little piece of sh**? Or had he been kidnapped?

Of course, I have seen the fabulous movie about the fabulous Amelie from Montmartre. And how her gnome suddenly disappeared, only to start sending her postcards from all over the world. So maybe he is just on a little self-realizing trip around the world, and I can start looking forward to postcards from faraway places in the mail?

You know, these things DO happen. Someone I used to know had it happen to her gnome. He suddenly disappeared from her balcony in Brussels. And then suddenly she received a photo of it sunbathing in a huge green field a whole year after. So these things do happen in real life, too.

I just hope he is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment