Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blue Suede Shoes


Ok. They are not really suede. But they are BLUE SHOES. Indeed. And I will be pretty upset if you STEP ON THEM. So, please don't. My third pair of Clarks Bombay Lights. I LOVE THESE SHOES. I am trying very hard to resist buying them in raspberry red. Especially now that there is a ballerina version of them available, too. In PATENT raspberry red. Even better. Yummie.

I'll tell you what. If I am a good girl and go to the gym three times this week, I will consider buying the red ones this weekend. You see, not to be bragging, but I have already been to the gym twice this week. And tomorrow I have an appointment with my my pre-wedding personal trainer, M. This is all the result of a pre-bikini-season panic that suddenly hit me hard on Monday morning, as I realized that an Easter diet consisting of chablis and chocolate fudge might not be the thing if you want to look fairly decent wearing a bikini.

I know I have told you before about my "slight aversion" towards going to the gym. I guess being a total looser during twelve years of mandatory PE lessons in school has scarred my soul beyond repair. In fact, there are so many things I hate about physical exercise that I could write a BOOK about it. This book will contain topics like:
  1. Lugging all my exercise gear along, in addition to my insanely heavy backpack containing my pre-cambrium work laptop.
  2. Actually SWEATING. I much prefer sweating on a sunbed with a glass of something cold and awesome, decadently swinging from my left hand (the right hand is at that time used to update Facebook status on iPhone).
  3. The foul smell of other people's sweat. Which seems to stick to the walls of these places. Yuk.
  4. All the MIRRORS. I did not get there to be reminded of how stupid I look after five seconds of something resembling exercise (freshly boiled lobster, anyone?). And I just cannot take looking at how some guys seem to get off enjoying their own reflection while flexing their muscles. Gah.
  5. Other people - part 1: Having to listen to the music the current PT victim has chosen for today's guilt-trip. Yesterday I had to watch a VERY caucasian management-type-of-guy (being a well-known mind-reader, I could tell how he believed he was an alfa-male) doing his forward lunges and squats to "Vato"* by Snoop Dog. IN-DA-HOOD, indeed!
  6. Other people - part 2: Having to listen to the two wise-guys on the treadmill next to me trying to dazzle each other with their vast knowledge while watching a trivia show on TV. NO, Mick Hucknall was NEVER the lead singer of INXS! Duh.
  7. Swimming at the deep end of the pool.
  8. I have the annoying habit of getting "sucked into" any movie within five seconds when zapping between channels. At my local gym they project "Fish - the movie" on the wall above the swimming pool. CONTINUOUSLY. For once I would actually be ok if we could zap on to something else. Please.
  9. Taking a shower, like - NAKED - with strangers. Mostly makes me feel inadequate, but in some cases even repulsed.
  10. Stepping in hair fallen off the above mentioned strangers' heads (I hope - as other alternatives would be even more disgusting), then getting these hair tangled in-between my toes. Yuk!
Fortunately, Mr. Incredible has bought me a membership at a non-stinky place with clean/non-hairy/separate shower stalls. With plush clean towels, deliciously smelling soap and shampoo, and - behold - HAIR CONDITIONER. When you add a jacuzzi, sunbeds and proper hairdryers, I almost look forward to going. At least I am out of excuses. And, after all the suffering, it does not feel too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment