Saturday, April 09, 2011

Confession time


I love waking up early on Saturday mornings, because then I can allow myself to dose off again and really enjoy the fact that I DO NOT HAVE TO get up. Bliss.

Had a bit of a nerdy afternoon, with half of it spent analyzing some weird calculation results in an equity note I am currently working on, before my cousin came over to work with me preparing for her upcoming mid-term in maths. (Which makes me realize how long it really is since I was in the same situation myself, as I seem to have forgotten quite a lot).

At five I met up with my sis, the before mentioned cousin, and - of course - Mr. Incredible. Early dinner at Nodee. Tempura, crispy duck and black cod. Yum. Accompanied by a nice Puligny-Montrachet. Eh, well, ok - maybe we had two. A perfect little get-together before the highlight of the evening: Concert at Oslo Spektrum with the popular Norwegian band "Kaizers Orchestra".

I have been looking forward to this concert for MONTHS. These guys have a vision to be no less than THE WORLD'S GREATEST LIVE BAND (!). Ambitious, yes, but not totally unrealistic. They are actually quite popular even outside Norway, in spite of most of their songs being in Norwegian. Strange, yes. But enjoying them live is an experience. They really DO deliver the goods.

(And the lead singer is HOT-HOT-HOT.)

A great concert.

There is just one small problem.

Although Norway is a quite small country, we have quite a few different dialects.
And - this particular band sings in their local dialect - from somewhere close to Stavanger.
A dialect that is by no means foreign to me, but in the middle of the concert it suddenly hit me:

MOSTLY- I HAVEN'T GOT THE FAINTEST IDEA WHAT THESE GUYS ARE SINGING ABOUT!

Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment