Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Power Puff Girl


My red suede shoes. With the tassels, they look like clown shoes. I am not quite sure what I was thinking. Picked up at New Bond Street a few years back, while visiting my friend, the adorable Miss J., in London. Found them in a shop called Blue Velvet, I think. Since these shoes tend to stick out anyway, I paired them with a red jacket and navy trousers at work today. Made me look like a bit the Norwegian flag. With our Constitution Day coming up next week, I found that appropriate.

What a day! I am taking a few days off starting tomorrow, and for some reason - the last day at work before anything resembling a vacation - EVERYTHING tends to go pear shaped. Why is that? It might be me, though. I have a very strong sense of duty. I hate leaving any work unfinished before I take off. And how do you define "finished" anyway?

At least I was able to complete my 52 incredibly exciting PowerPoint slides tonight. Trying to convince a group of end users out in the woods somewhere in Sweden that "Heeeeey, this new solution that our Head Office decided to buy is incredible! How on earth have we been able to do without that one!" I like making presentations (as long as I do not have to present them myself), but I am not THAT good. I guess I need to allow myself some slack sometimes. I am not a wizard. In fact, my magical skills are pretty limited.

I have turned on my "out of office" status in Outlook, and I am packed and ready to go.

Excited? Oh, yes.

(Just for the record, I am not the REAL Power Puff Girl. I have a friend that is. She has superpowers. Especially when it comes to Excel spreadsheets.)

1 comment: