Sunday, May 08, 2011

When bad habits turn into skills


Tommy Hilfiger slingback espadrilles. Purchased a few years back, but I think they will be a great hit this summer. If I just manage to finally repair the strap in the back. Which I might do.

I have made a little luggage estimate, and I will be able to bring 4 trips x 3 suitcases = 12 full suitcases of stuff with me to France before we start our summer vacation this year. That means that I can now:
  • Buy lots of great new stuff to bring with me (But why would I? Shopping in France should be better?)
  • OR - simply buy a new and better version of some old crap to keep at home, and bring the old/crappy version with me to France. (But would I really want to drag some stupid thing I do not want to keep in my home - across Europe on an airplane? I am not so sure.)
I have started collecting the items from both categories above in our spare bedroom. I went through it today, and it does not look too bad. Depends on how you see it, I guess. At least, we are NOWHERE close to filling the twelve suitcases. So far, I have packed ONE. 

With the help of some plastic bags and a vacuum cleaner, that particular suitcase holds 6 duvets and 12 pillows (they were all on sale!). I hope nobody in customs decides to open that one, as we will NEVER manage to get it shut again afterwards. It took some effort, yes. But finally my terrible track record of over-packing for years seem to have turned into a useful skill. I knew it would come in handy one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment