Monday, October 11, 2010

Endorphinmachine


I know that I bought these in London once. I do not remember why. For a person that works out as little as I do, I have far too many pairs of trainers. And - most of them being Nike Shox of some kind. Because they feel a bit like walking in heels (that is why you may catch me giggling when I see men wearing the same, tiiihi).

Oh, the PAIN! And - when we are talking about PAIN today, it is NOT the delicious mouth-watering French kind of "pain". Oh, no. We are talking about THE GYM. My visit was long overdue. I have been so full of excuses, you would not believe it:

  • Work
  • More work
  • Going on holiday soon
  • Just came back from holiday
  • Feel like eating out
  • Just ate out
  • Had a glass of wine with dinner
  • Laundry (because I can not leave the machine on)
  • Missed the tram on my way home and had to go shopping while waiting for the next one
  • Other housework (counting toothpicks, removing the used matches from our matchboxes)
  • Travelling (had to pack)
  • Travelling (need to unpack)
  • Reading (just finish my book)
  • Something interesting on TV (even though I could record it)
  • Just bought a magazine
  • Having a barbecue - before it gets dark
  • My workout clothes were all on the top shelf of my wardrobe, and I could not reach them*
  • Headache
  • Backache
  • The sofa needs me
  • Husband has headache (need to keep him company)
  • Husband has backache (need to give him a massage or keep him company)
  • Too hungry
  • Too tired
  • Grumpy
  • Too happy, cannot ruing day by going to gym
  • Afraid of bumping into anybody I might know (although I do not know anybody other than my husband at this place, and he has surely seen me in far more embarrassing situations than that)
Of course, I have had a very guilty conscience. But I am used to that. Being a girl, I feel guilty about everything. By nature. So that is simply not enough to make me choose to sweat - voluntarily.

Then all of a sudden I got some true inspiration this morning. I looked at myself in the mirror. And - I could actually see a hint of my collar bone again! Yay! So there is HOPE ("in hanging snore"**, as some people say). I have been on a high all day after that. I actually ran two miles on the treadmill. Well, jogged. But still. Must not overdo it to begin with, you know.

* On that top shelf of my wardrobe I even discovered my long-lost Juicy Couture velour loungewear/tracksuit. In which I am very soon to be embracing the couch.

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nils_Arne_Eggen

No comments:

Post a Comment