Sunday, October 10, 2010

Couch potato




The only pair of Uggs I have ever owned. I never had a thing for those boots. Picked these up yesterday, after being through quite a dry spell on the shoe front lately. I just do not find anything that I like these days. That is - until today.

Sunday. Shops are closed. Boring. Have had the pleasure of walking around in a bathrobe with bedhair most of the day. A bit like the Playboy Mansion. Except - with Hugh Hefner being totally into his iPad. While the only playmate around was reading yesterday´s FT - while trying to work up the motivation to set up some tax reporting metadata. A real party. Watched all the recorded TV shows on our PVR (similar to the Tivo). What-to-do, what-to-do? After sorting out my underwear drawer and doing some laundry, I did not really feel like unpacking the last two boxes left after our apartment renovation last year. They have now been stuck in our guest bedroom for about a year. I guess I should throw it all away. After all, there are no shoes in there. Or?

Some serious web-shoe-shopping can save any day. The official damage was three pairs. Of course, my husband knows that is not entirely true. I tend to round most numbers down. When I talk about shopping, a price of 2999 easily comes down to 2000. So, who knows. At least, I am now well-stocked with those lovely Tory Burch sandals for our upcoming Christmas holiday. Can´t wait. In 67 days I will be on a plane to San Juan.

Right now I am enjoying the sunset from our dining room window (the photos are taken from the balcony outside). Stunning. And - as always - I am wondering about that cute little tower. Is that where they kept the local virgin in the olden days?


No comments:

Post a Comment