Saturday, October 23, 2010

....'s got a brand new bag



I am actually keeping track of the shoes I have now used since starting this project (please refer to the link under the header "my objective"), and today I have reached my 50th pair! Still there is plenty to choose from, but I am now starting to see that I might actually be able to complete this task within my self-imposed one-year-deadline.

Although I am in no way ranking my shoes here - I figured that the 50th pair should be special. Like my Chie Mihara slingbacks, above. I had a few other good candidates that are a bit more on the glam side, but at this time of year, those do not allow a lot of walking (outside). Since husband says there is NO WAY (strict now, is he?) we are taking a cab going to dinner tonight, I decided to go for quirky instead of glam.

We are celebrating Christmas again today. Going to a well-known local brown pub/restaurant for a somewhat premature Christmas dinner. "Lutefisk" (untranslatable - dried cod treated with lye - a real delicacy - to some) and "Pinnekjøtt" (="stick-meat"(?), über-salty pieces of sheep steamed over some sticks or something). These dishes are normally accompanied by beer and aquavit. I - however - prefer champagne with my sheep. Or - a nice Montrachet with the cod, on the very rare occasions I do eat that. Today the champagne will - of course - be replaced by sparkling water (or maybe they do have "Julebrus?"), but I guess I will have to get used to that - somehow.

Could not believe my luck when I found this incredible handbag today. Beautiful, isn´t it? Particularly that tag implying it was FIFTY PERCENT OFF! I was really just browsing the women´s department while the love of my life picked up his new tweed jacket after some alterations. Of course, the bag was far too expensive. Even at 50%. Luckily, my house version of Santa Claus is starting to get into his Christmas spirits, so he decided that I deserved to treat myself. Again. All-in-all, I sure am one lucky woman.

We finally managed to get some of our art back up on the walls today. About time, after a year without it. Thing is - we have this huge Christmas party (Lutefisk and the works) coming up in December (tradition), and we try to use that as a bit of an excuse to get things done around here. Since I am also having a small (is 24 people considered "small"?) party for my department at work on Friday, I figured we could just as well get as much as possible done this weekend. The sooner, the better. After all, it really is time to put away the barbecue and summer clothes in the attic again. 

I hate-hate-hate (!) winter. The only good things about winter are:
  • Skiing (downhill, although no good at it, too scared)
  • Christmas
  • Cuddling under a woolen blanket (which is really a year-round type of activity)
  • Being able to wear my fur coat (I know that is such a not politically correct thing to say)
In my next life I hope to be re-born a she-bear. Imagine eating all autumn to get as fat as possible. Then you hibernate for months (I love sleeping). When you wake up in the spring, you are skinny again. And you have all the he-bears running after you (even fighting over you), because they want to have sex.  Amazing. Talk about living a perfect life.


No comments:

Post a Comment