Saturday, October 30, 2010

The return of the cheese-doodle-monster




My dear Marc Jacobs slingbacks. Second pair of wedding shoes. These are the ones I used during the reception - before the ceremony. I was actually planning on wearing some insanely high-heeled Jimmy Choo sandals yesterday. A huge benefit of having a party in your own home is that you can just kick off your shoes and change to some that are more comfortable when it gets too painful. Fortunately, I changed my mind at the very last minute, as I was afraid I might break my legs wearing them.

You know it has been quite a night when:
  • You find the morning paper next to your bed. The one you picked up outside your door when sending off the last guests in the morning. 
  • Kitchen smells like it has been marinated in Red Bull.
  • Breakfast consists of 2 Alka-Seltzer. 
  • Guests start calling you when they realize that they - for quite obvious reasons - managed to get home wearing the wrong jacket.
  • Renting 6 DVDs to watch back-to-back makes perfectly sense. Even when you realize that 2 of them contain a whole season of a TV series. Each.
  • You develop a somewhat unhealthy relationship with your sofa.
  • Shopping for birthday present for dear husband is a nightmare. Even though you normally love shopping, especially for gifts.
  • Your 37 year old teddy bear (with the name Colargol*) is really all the company you need.
Fortunately my wonderful party guests were nice enough to help with a lot of the tidying up before they left, so it took me just half an hour to get the house looking all civilized again. Not bad! And - to further prove that they are indeed the perfect house guests, they did not finish the big bowl of Cheez Doodles**, leaving them for me to stuff my face with. I am a bit particular when it comes to these, as I actually think they taste even better when they have been sitting in a bowl to dry overnight. Well. It does not really help to down a whole bowl of these when you are feeling a bit queasy to start with.

Bye now. Got a date with Colin Firth for the next hour-and-half.

No comments:

Post a Comment