Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow


My Valsport sneakers. These have never really recovered after the A-ha concert in Frogner Park back in 2005. Huge gig with 120 000 people, and - as always - far too few toilets. As a consequence, these have stamped through quite a few of the bushes and hedges in that park, without going into further detail.

Things do not always turn out the way you hope they will. But - then again - that might give way to other opportunities. In our case - we are now back to plan A. A for adoption. We have been talking about this since we initially decided to join the "parent mafia", but the possibility of having to wait for FIVE LONG YEARS (China was our initial choice) just got to me. So, we decided to give IVF a try, as we hoped to get results faster. Well. Today, that hope was crushed. Faster - yes. Results - no.

According to well-known financial investment theory, you should never put all your eggs in one basket. Well, that´s fine. That requires you have any eggs to start with, doesn´t it? Stupid book! Ok. I may not have the best ovaries in town, but I sure am good at paperwork. Just watch me. I will set a new world record in "how-fast-can-you-put-your-adoption-application-together". Although, right now, I wish I was Madonna. Or - Angelina Jolie (I am not referring to the adorable Mr. Pitt here). The whole process just seems to go bit smoother if you happen to be a star.

Things are pretty shitty at the moment, but I simply refuse to let this bring me down. I do not have a lot of other things to complain about in my life, so I will be ok. Things are just going to take a while longer, that´s it. And with my patience, that will be a blast. Ha. Ha.

Just a little warning. The next person I hear complaining about having to deliver or pick up their offspring in kindergarten - WILL get a punch in the face. Seriously. I do not want your pity concerning my situation, and you sure as hell are not getting mine. Just shut up, will you?

Somewhere over the rainbow*, way up high 
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby 
Somewhere over that rainbow, skies are blue 
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true 

Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me 
Where troubles melt like lemon drops high above the chimney tops 
That's where you'll find me 

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly 
Birds fly over that rainbow 
Why, oh, why can't I? 
If happy little bluebirds fly above the rainbow 
Why, oh, why can't I? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over_the_Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment