Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Captain Mandolini


I am not a fan of snake-skin, fake or real, so I do not know what the deal is with these. I think it is the flower-thing that got to me. They are not even comfortable. Stupid shoes.

Kephalonia. Maybe not a well-known destination, but its is a cute little place. Typical sailing destination. This was also the island where the movie "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" was filmed. Starring Penelope Cruz and Nicholas Cage. I guess this is close as I will ever be to my great movie hero, but most probably that is just as good. He is a bit over the top, I think.

Anyway, most of my day was completely ruined by some stupid issues related to my work. Did not help that my dear husband had forgotten that Gin & Tonic is NOT the recommended thirst-quencher when above 30 degrees celsius.

We are now leaving the country of the Retsina for the country of Prosecco. More my kind of thing. Will probably help me get back my normal happy-happy-vacation-face. Actually, I am normally a very happy person. But when on vacation I take it to a whole new level. Once (on a cruise, of course), there was this lady that told my husband that I always looked so happy. We have discussed the explanations he should have given her for years now. The first being that I am - in fact - raving mad. The second that really dumb/blond people just smile all the time, as they do not get what is going on. Then - my favorite - because I do eat. My husband also has a favorite explanation having to do with one of his body parts. Would have liked to see the look on that poor woman's face. She was just trying to be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment