Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pancake hell

New shoes, haha! This is one of the pairs I got in Positano last week. The colour did not come out to well in the photo, but I like the fact that they are the exact same colour as one of my shirts. Yay!

I wonder when I will come out of vacation coma. This morning I woke up with the worst headache. Took an aspirin, texted work about being late and then slept for another hour. Decided to treat myself to a low-carb pancake with fresh berries for breakfast (still missing the Eggs Benedict...). Could have been a good choice, except for the fact that I poured the pancake mix into the frying pan (heat on), and then went into the bedroom to get (properly) dressed. And then I completely forgot about the whole pancake business - that is - until the fire alarm went off. I ran out to the balcony with the burning frying pan (must have been a sight for people passing on the street). I had to turn the damn alarm thing off five times. And then this lady from the Security Company called to ask "Are you ok?" I just wanted to scream. But I am so polite, you know. Would never do that.

Worst thing - I was so hungry I ate the damn thing. With enough sour cream on it, I can apparently eat anything. I have heard that you get a great (singing) voice by eating burnt food. I will SO go for karaoke this weekend.

I got into the office two hours late, with the smell of burnt pancake in my hair. Lovely. Glad I had my new shoes, or this day would have been a disaster. Anyway - gotta go. Husband taking me out for dinner. I guess he isn´t that impressed with my cooking skills today.

No comments:

Post a Comment