Sunday, August 22, 2010

The sun always shines on TV

My new suuuuper-pink (term picked up in Mykonos) Superga shoes bought in Sorrento. My summer favourite. I am on my third pair of the same shoes in white - they tend to die on me after one season. In spite of, or maybe because of, repeated rounds in the laundry.

Our wedding anniversary. Lazy morning. Picked up romantic surprise gift for husband, two screen prints by Gunilla Holm Platou. Crispy duck and Dim Sum for lunch, followed by VERY exciting soccer match where Arsenal humiliated some other team by beating them 6-0. Soooo exciting. I fell asleep sometime during the second half.

Attacked the bottom shelf of the wine cabinet. Arrived nice and bubbly in Ullevål Stadium - parents and husband in tow - just in time to get two of the worst musical experiences I have ever had. The first warm-up act was just really loud and made you want to hurt yourself. The second was an embarrassing mix of polka-jazz with a hint of Austrian bierstube/apres-ski. Yoodelo-fucking-hihi.

Then. Finally - the main act. A-ha. This was the fifth, but hopefully not the last time I had the pleasure of hearing them live. Sound was great. They even played all my favorites except "Lifelines". Bad timing of toilet break, got to hear most of "Manhattan Skyline" from inside a portaloo. Bummer. I know the two final shows of the farewell tour are sold out, but if I find someone to throw money at, I will. I just don´t want this to be over just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment