Sunday, June 12, 2011

Doing nothing


My new trainers, purchased during our trip to NY in May. Permanent residents of La Republique Francaise, as of now. I decided that I need to have a pair of trainers available, in case I suddenly feel like exercising. Would be a disaster if that suddenly happened, and I just was not able to because I did not have the proper shoes at hand. Or, "at foot" would perhaps be a better expression under these circumstances.

Sunday. After working to get things in place for two long days we decided to have a day off. And do NOTHING.

"Nothing" has so far involved:

Riding our brand new bicycles down to the village centre. This took us three minutes. We then had double espressos. Watching the locals leaving the church where they had attended the sunday service. I went to the local "boulangerie" and bought some forbidden carbs, riding my bike home with a baguette sticking out of the basket on the front of my bike. VERY French, right?


After breakfast, we crashed on our sun beds. Baking for a couple of hours, only interrupted by very short swims in the pool (cold!), small plates of Pata Negra, ice cream and a little dash of Sancerre in between.

My very Nordic skin soon had enough, so now I have been lounging on the sofa with my iPad for hours. Hm. Time to eat something again soon. If I can just gather the strength to get up and walk over to the fridge. Hm. Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment