Thursday, June 02, 2011

Dominoes


My butterfly bling sandals. Seven years old (yes, purchased for honeymoon), and are starting to become a bit worn down. But I love the cute little butterfly, AND the memories attached. So they can stay for a while longer.

Today it happened again. As we got on the plane, two "in-duh-vi-duh-als" had - very conveniently (for them) decided to take our seats. The seats I went online to secure for us 22 hours ago. I always select the second emergency exit row, as the chairs in the first one do not recline. We have learned that the hard way.

Of course, we were asked if we did mind swapping with the actual seats of the morons. Eh, how about - "NO WAY"?

This resulted in a lot of shuffling of people. And hand luggage. And - of course - everyone looks at ME as the DIFFICULT person. Cannot be a bit flexible here, can we? Actually, no. I can't. I refuse to sit somewhere else because some amoeba is not able to see the difference on their boarding pass between 15A/B and 16A/B.

So everyone is seated again, and the boarding continues. Then a new person shows up. With a ticket to 15C. Which is now where the guy that took my seat is seated. Guess what?! THAT was not his actual seat either! I mean SERIOUSLY! What is wrong with some people? It it really that hard to get these things right?

The story continues. As it turns out that a female of the very same "wherever-I-put-my-a**-that's-my-seat"* species is - oh, help me (!) - occupying the guy's actual seat. We are talking the airplane seating version of the domino effect.

Again, offers of swapping for a less optimal seat was suggested. But, no, the girl with a ticket to seat 15C insisted on her aisle seat. Yay! That's my kinda girl ! Good for her! Of course, she was given "the look" by the imbecile and his wife, who again had to swap their seats. More shuffling. Of people. And luggage.

And the super-moron who had managed to mistake her actual 15F seat for 15A now had to move across the whole row. I do not know whether I think this is impressive, or just plain scary. I just hope I do not ever meet these people when (if?) they are driving. Left, right, who knows - or CARES? A, F, 15, 16 - IS there a difference? Actually, I do not think these people are considered fit to be operating any kind of motorized vehicle. So there should be nothing to worry about, really, unless they are driving without a license, that is. Woooo.

This sure is an eventful flight. I just had an encounter with the most polite airline steward in history. Was not expecting that from an employee with Scandinavian. Hm. The more I think about it, the more sure I am that he was actually being sarcastic. You see, he was asked to bring some milk and sugar for someone's coffee. Then suddenly, we see the guy running to the front of the plane. And coming back with the weird combination of an oxygen flask - and a CIABATTA. Yes!

At the back of the plane a stewardess is working to unpack a defibrillator, and there is a lot of commotion. Then, suddenly, the steward is back. Offers the cream and sugar. And - get this - he APOLOGIZES for the delay. What?!

Things have settled down now in the back here now, so I hope the guy they were attending to is alright.

I am not sure if I should tell you this, but the first thought that ran through my mind as I saw the defibrillator was: "Oh no, please do not make it necessary for us to make an emergency landing somewhere now. I do not have the time." As the thought hit me, I realized that I am now at a stress level that is not good for me. Or my surroundings, for that matter.

* Stolen and modified for own use based on the song lyrics by Paul Young, "Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home". Where did HE go, by the way?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment