Friday, June 10, 2011

The City Gnomes


"Before" (Oslo) and "After" (Somewhere-in-France)

This sure is one lucky garden gnome. He is a gift from my dear sister, who acquired a taste for these weird creatures while studying/working in Belgium and The Netherlands some years back. After "living" on our balcony in Oslo for years, he has now gone to a better place. He will be the only permanent resident of our summer house. A treat he has truly deserved after guarding our balcony for years. You could perhaps say that he has been more of a city gnome. A bit like Mr. Incredible.

The last few years I have even forgotten to take the little gnome inside during the winter, the poor little fellow. I consider him moving to France to be his retirement. But really, this will be the first time this GARDEN gnome is in a real garden. So, I guess this will sort of be the start of his career, rather than the end. As he will most probably be gnoming about in the garden for many years to come. Whatever that is.

I took his picture under the olive tree yesterday, and one by the pool. Somehow, he looks oddly happy. He has a bit of the same silly grin on his face as Mr. I has when we are here. That surely makes me one happy gal, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment