Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cyber-nesting


Have you EVER seen anything as cute as these? Totally useless, of course, as they tend to fall off your foot when you walk. And the surface - STRAW - is not particularly comfortable. Still, perfect for a day working from home in your pajama bottoms and a hoodie - when you need to add just a little bit of spark.

We are still waiting for the final date for the completion of our property transaction in France. Or - rather - "Frrrrrance", as we refer to it, as we seem to have acquired a funny accent lately. Being at our house is actually starting to turn into an episode of the TV series "'Allo 'Allo". Without the on-going war, that is.

There is just one tiny piece of paper missing before we can go ahead with the final "Compromis de Vente" now. Not that that has stopped me from starting to fill the house with bits and pieces already. Ohno. Shopping furniture online is extremely convenient. I now have full overview of the local furniture market around Cannes - Mandelieu. Apparently, all women have this talent for "nesting". Myself, I practically have a degree in "cyber-ne(s)tics" by now. Ha. Needless to say, all this shopping makes me extremely happy. To the extent that on some days when I walk down the street I just hope for one of those dancing music video "flash mobs" to turn up. So that I could blend in and do my little dance without anybody noticing.

For the time being, I am focusing on the important stuff, the things we would need to actually live in the house. Like garden furniture, a sofa and beds. Mr. Incredible finally had to give in, so there will be canopy beds in all bedrooms. I am such a hopeless romantic.

I lately discovered that although the duvet and pillow cases sold at H&M home are awfully cute, they are only available in Swedish sizes. OF course, the Swedish need to have pillows that are 10 cm narrower, and duvets that are 10 cm broader than EVERYONE else. I have never really noticed that Swedes are particularly fat and have tiny heads, have you, but maybe that is the case?

Speaking of Sweden. Yesterday I picked up the very important schnapps glasses for the house - from IKEA. (Did I mention that my father-in-law's middle name is "aquavit"?) I really wish IKEA had valet parking. Would make life SO MUCH EASIER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment