Monday, April 11, 2011

The master of the post-it dragon


I was supposed to get up at 4 this morning. To make things even worse - the alarm went off TEN TO FOUR. Just to spite me, I'm sure. Amazingly enough, I have been able to get through the first day of my training course without having to rely on substances like COFFEE. Dinner is in an hour, and I am still awake. Sort of.

Did not look that promising when I was waiting for the train this morning, though. I was in such a coma that I did not even recognize my own boss sitting down next to me at the airport train terminal. Talk about being a mindless (blonde) zombie. I just cannot help it. Before 5 AM I am just no good.

Is it any wonder I think our loan application work process mapped at the end of the day started to look a bit like a dragon? Please, please tell me you see the resemblance too, and that it is not just me hallusinating. Please?

On the positive side, I can mention that today I have added one more country to my list of "places I have been to". I am in Finland for the week, more specifically: Helsinki. After working for a Finnish-based company for three years, I guess that was long overdue. This addition means that I am now one meager country ahead of Mr. Incredible in our never-ending battle to be "the ultimate globetrotter" of our house. Yay.

Hm. And, you know what? There is a Marimekko store across the street from my hotel. Yaaaay.

Too bad I am travelling with just my carry-on this week. Which means:
  • Serious cuts in the shoe department (brought TWO very lonely pairs - weep)
  • Shopping will be extremely limited

Oh well. At least I will be a certified master of something quite cool by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment