Saturday, October 09, 2010

Beautiful Day



Geox with a Gucci influence. Not really nice to be stealing the Gucci horsebit design, is it? I was not really aware of it until this summer, but some people HATE white shoes. This summer I attended this wedding where this was one of the head topics of the maid of honor´s speech (might be perceived as a slight bit shallow). After that I have only worn these twice, as I do not like to offend people. On the first occasion I managed to bump into the bride from that wedding. Of course! Still, I figured I would give them a second chance. The shoes, that is.

Although I grew up in the countryside, I do love living in the city. Our bedroom faces a huge backyard, and this can be quite interesting. A bit like listening to the radio, you never know what you will get. Sometimes you get a bit too much information about your neighbours ("Whoooo´s your daaaaaddy?"), but mostly it is really quite nice. This morning we were woken up by this guy singing/playing "Beautiful Day" (U2) on his guitar. I wish I could get that kind of wake-up-call every morning.

Not being in a hurry, I poured a bath for me and my stock-broker-ducky (isn´t he awfully cute? kinda reminds me of someone). Went for the "Grumpy Cow" bath oil from Cowshed. (I save my "Horny Cow" oil for special occasions.) I have always been truly fascinated by cows and anything cow-related. Partly listening to the radio, and almost dozing off. Sooooo nice and relaxing. Zzzzzzz. Then I was caught completely off-guard by the radio. "Welcome to the jungle" (Guns ´n´ Roses). Great song, but there IS something called TIMING.

Asian lunch with husband at Nodee. Dim Sum and my favorite dish - Crispy Duck. Afterwards I suddenly remembered that it is lobster season in Norway now, so we should have eaten somewhere entirely different, so I guess we will have to do the lobster/champagne deal next weekend instead. Bummer. Even though we were both quite full after the duck extravaganza, we managed to stop by the cheese place again*. Dangerous! Husband tried to order 100 grams of Pata Negra, but a Freudian slip made that come out as 200. Yum.

I strongly felt like doing some shopping, so we picked up FT for my husband, before I left him in a nearby cafe. I found three new items for my Christmas holiday. And a new pair of Ugg slippers that I have been coveting for a while. When I got back, husband had - as usual - managed to MYSTERIOUSLY loose the "How to spend it" section of FT. Again. This is one of my favorite reads. But he keeps hiding it from me! Not that I do not know how to spend money (my husband says that if I was a country, I would be GREECE!), I just like to browse through it - to make sure there is not something good in there that I need, but that I was not aware existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment