Monday, January 03, 2011

Desynchronosis, anyone?

Disembarkation in San Juan. So very sad. I just hate getting off the ship. Being on vacation, my dear husband and I seem to live in our own little "cocoon". And now we have to leave it. Weep. Even worse is saying "goodbye" to all the other very nice people we have been spending the last weeks with. Although, of course, there are always some that you will miss more than others.

Got on the fully booked tin of herring for a three-hour flight to Washington D.C. American Airlines have this excellent deal where they ask you if you would like to upgrade when you check in. Then you pay 120 USD. Only to get a big "NO" at the gate. Crooks. Now I have an upgrade credit on my AAdvantage frequent(?) flyer card that is valid for a year. Just what I needed. I just cannot wait to fly American again. They played this announcement before take-off showing a group of their employees saying "thank you" for flying American. You´re welcome! If it was really up to me - it will NEVER happen again. Only problem is that you seem to be the only carrier that can get me in and out of certain places where I really want to go. So, don´t flatter yourselves. Please. I only fly your airline BECAUSE I HAVE TO.

And - just for the record - do not EVER seat me in the last row next to the lavatories. Ever. Again. What a nightmare!

The only good thing about flying AA is that suddenly Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) seems like HEAVEN. Unbelievable, I know. It is just that after being treated like s*** by their flight attendants for years, I suddenly see them in a whole new light now that I am flying with my Eurobonus-Gold-husband. Guess what? We managed to be upgraded for miles this time. Bliss. Oh, and the SUNSET. Magnificent. No airline does sunsets like Scandinavian. Wow.


Actually, flying business like an extension of the "cruise cocoon". You are served food, they give you a blanket, and you can cuddle up while they turn up the heat to sauna level to get you to sleep (this is what they do on night flights). I was almost disappointed when I suddenly woke up and it was time for breakfast before landing in Copenhagen. Slept like a baby. When I was not working on catching up on my blog, that is. Wheew. The sacrifices I do for you. Right.

The last leg from Copenhagen to Oslo I was in a complete coma. Snoring and drooling on my husband´s sweater. In monkey class. I guess that did fit perfectly. Getting off the plane in Oslo really woke me up, though. Ouch! Coooooold! And did I leave my coat in the car? Yes.

Glad I managed to stay on the road, as the little driving I have done over the past weeks has been on the LEFT side of the road. Fortunately, it was just like riding a bike. My auto pilot knew how to.

Got home and did what you are so NOT SUPPOSED TO DO to avoid jet lag. Jumped straight into bed and slept until late afternoon. I have actually missed my bed and my lovely Ralph Lauren linens. And the best part - NO WAVES! This bedroom actually does not move. Awesome.

Really clever. Just hope I will be able to sleep again in five hours. Sometimes I can be sooo ridiculously lame. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment