Thursday, April 07, 2011

Incredible. Indeed.


And - FINALLY -  the sidewalks are free of ice and snow! Shoe time! I have now started on the back row of my shoe wardrobe. Which contains some pretty weird mistakes, as well as - I hope - some hidden treasures. These are - I presume - something in between. From Norwegian "pretend-to-be-Italian" brand Enzo Poli. Shoes are Italian, yes, but try finding a pair of Enzo Poli shoes in Italy. Nope. No. Niente. I have not used these for quite a while. Due to a combination of toes being squeezed beyond recognition in them, AND the fact that they have been very much out of fashion. Pointy shoes have been a terrible fashion faux-pas for a while now, but according to my glossy magazines they are now coming back. Cool. Because they make my short legs look longer. At least that is what I say to comfort myself when my toes hurt like hell. The depressing part here is that I hang on to stuff long enough for them to go out of fashion and then back in again. Sad.

Being a bit swamped at work. Don't get me wrong, being busy when you work as a consultant is a good thing. So I am by no means complaining, absolutely not. And I do love my job. It is just that EVERYTHING always seems to happen at the same time. What is funny, though, is that times when I work 12 hours a day I get more done around the house, simply because I HAVE TO be very efficient, and cannot allow things to slide. And being the control-freak that we are, we cannot let that happen, can we?

What is truly annoying, though, is that quite a few unexpected things do happen when you least need them to. Like this morning. Mister Incredible, is - as I have described to you soooo many times - pretty incredible. Yes. On most occasions - this is meant in a positive way. But - of course - he is not by any means perfect. He is a MAN you know. With all the things that come with it.

I noticed a weird beeping sound getting out of bed this morning. (When I come to think of it, I might even have heard it on my way to the bathroom during the night as well.) It turns out that it was the freezer in our kitchen. Which was trying to tell me that the love of my life had been up during the night getting a glass of water. With ICECUBES. But he sort of FORGOT the minor detail of SHUTTING THE  FREEZER DOOR after him. Rightie. And it was not that he had sort of tried to shut it, but it just did not close properly, and he was unfortunate enough not to notice. Ohno. HE LEFT IT WIDE OPEN!

Argh.

So. To my great joy, this morning I have been trying to rescue some of the food that was in there. Cooking EIGHT hamburgers and frying up a kilo of moose - at 6 AM - is not my idea of a dream morning, I'll tell you.


For some reason I really don't feel like having breakfast today. Yuk.

PS. If you are reading this, dear, picking up some flowers for your little wifey on your way home from work this afternoon, might be a very good investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment