Monday, November 01, 2010

Get a room...!



Ahem. THIRD (and final!) pair of wedding shoes. Extremely cute with the marabou trim and all. Still, totally USELESS. But, since I have promised to wear all the shoes in my shoe closet this year, I wore these for two whole hours this evening, watching TV and recovering after a huge dinner. By coincidence, I happened to zap by a program showing the place where we actually got married! The son on this estate is taking part in a reality show searching for his future spouse. Quite entertaining. Although, normally, I would never watch that sort of stuff. No. I spend all my evenings reading Kafka and Dostojevski. While flossing. Such a sensible girl.

My dear husband´s birthday. I bought him this funny print showing these "Skiraffes", by the Norwegian artist Eli Hovdenak. You might recognize me as the scared-stiff-one in the upper right corner. 

As usual on any kind of occasion, big or small, we went out for dinner at Theatercafeen. Not the most exciting food in the world, but we both just love the atmosphere. The place can seem a bit formal and intimidating during your first visits. I guess the secret is to not take the place too seriously. A good Monday night - in spite of the waitress managing to seriously piss me off - even BEFORE we had managed to place our orders. Well done! 

As usual, I asked for the sommelier's wine list. The poor waitress just looked blankly at me, before she explained to me that this list only contained EXPENSIVE wines. Ouch! Who the hell is she to tell my what I can or can not afford?! I was THIS CLOSE to ordering a bottle of the delicious Vega Sicilia Unico*, just to show her. But that would have been just too childish. Even for me. But, I truly hate it when people in shops/restaurants/hotels - make assumptions about people like that! It is none of their business. If I want the wine list, then give it to me. Now. Bitch.

Anyway. I am such a forgiving soul. At least after behaving like a real bitch myself. She had to take my glass of champagne back, as it was not fizzy enough. Hah.

The evening improved after that. My husband claims that he is not much of a romantic, but we must be doing something right. Once, on our annual skiing weekend, we were approached by these two guys who had seen us both wearing wedding bands, but suspected that we were really married to somebody else. They could inform us that married people simply did not behave like we did. In public. Sure. I guess I should have been really embarrassed, but to be honest, thinking of it actually makes me kind of proud. I am just totally shameless.


No comments:

Post a Comment