Saturday, November 13, 2010

The chicken or the egg?



"The Shoes of Christmas Past". VERY red. VERY uncomfortable. The only way to get by wearing these are by drinking lots of the dangerous air-fuel-graded "gløgg"*. Will get back to the ordeals of proper "gløgg"-making as we get closer to Christmas.

I am starting to realize that I am a summer shoe kind of girl. Very much so. I do not really have that many pairs of shoes that go well with snow. And, the ones I have - look awful. So I will postpone wearing those as long as I can. This means that I am actually having a bit of a tough time picking new pairs of shoes from the shoe closet these days, as I can not really wear SANDALS, can I?  Well. Why not? Instead of wearing all my comfortable and booooooring slippers around the house, I could go totally out there, and wear some amazing shoes lounging on the couch! Starting today! Not as painful either....

You surely can picture me lying on the couch in these strappy sky-high sandals, with my husband running around - catering to my every whim? Sounds like a plan! Uhm. Just for the record. In case I gave you a somewhat wrong impression of the whole situation. I should add the MINOR detail that I will in fact be wearing my far-too-big Calvin Klein pajama bottoms and a hoodie with those shoes. Just so you do not get any funny ideas about what REALLY goes on at our house on a normal Saturday. 

Even though I am occasionally served genitalia-shaped eggs for breakfast.

We have this unspoken deal at our house, that I get up to make my husband breakfast on weekdays, as he starts work before me. Then he needs to return the favor on weekends. Today, he apparently put some extra effort into it. I guess I would have found it SOMEWHAT more romantic if he had managed to serve me a heart-shaped egg.

Then again, I guess it was me that actually purchased this** in the first place. At the time I was getting a bit tired of the good-old "eggs benedict"***.

No comments:

Post a Comment