Saturday, November 27, 2010

27 dresses

 


Don't worry. I haven't run out of shoes just yet. I just didn't bring any to Copenhagen that you haven't already seen. That's all.

Sent Mr. Incredible off to taste the infamously strong gløgg at Hviids Vinstue (Kongens Nytorv) before lunch, while I browsed a few of my favorite shops. Met up for lunch at Tivoli Gardens, at "Den Skaldede Kok". I actually do shop quite well on three open sandwiches and a couple of glasses of aquavit. Went completely BERSERK at my "go-to" place for dresses - Monsoon. Not the most exclusive shop in the world, but I love the fact that they make things in larger sizes that do not scream "I-am-fat-and-I-am-trying-sooo-hard-to-hide-it" or "I-bet-I-look-tiny-in-this-tent". And do not cost an-arm-and-a-leg. They surely do know how to seduce a girl with their sequins and beadings. Clever people. Ended up buying 7. Or - maybe 8. Not sure. I haven't unpacked yet. So - wardrobe for upcoming Christmas cruise in the Caribbean is now in place. In fact, they are still/already IN THE SUITCASE. Very convenient.

White "post-shopping" gløgg back at the hotel with a few friends, before dinner at über-trendy Umami. Just before leaving for dinner, husband (not so incredible at the time) discovers that wallet is missing. Great. I should maybe add that this was - in fact - the SECOND time this happened - in ONE WEEK. Nothing less than impressive, I know.

After calling the "usual" list of credit card companies (which was really short this time, as most of the newly issued ones after the previous loss were still in the mail), we were left to worry about whether he would be allowed to fly home without any photo ID. A call to the always service-minded people of Scandinavian Airlines was not too comforting. So, what do you do? Order champagne. Then you feast on the best Japanese food in the area. Just before dessert is served, you discover that you have managed to put your dress on BACKWARDS. At that stage you do not even care to go to the restroom to turn it. You just do "the twist" while still seated at the table. I don't think anybody noticed. Really. Then you party - until six in the morning. That is exactly what you do.

Quotes of the day:
"The gløgg at Hviids was nowhere near as strong as last year!" (yeah, right...)
"I think I might just as well leave you with the aquavit bottle, sir..."
"We have a minibar in our room, come on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment