Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The winner takes it all




My brand new Tory Burch winter boots! Yay! Arrived in the mail yesterday. Shopping on the web is a wonderful thing. I just wish that the tax-free amount for purchases from abroad was a bit higher. The current limit of NOK 200 does not really get me very far. I mean, what do you get for that amount these days? Not a lot, I'll tell you. Anyway. I have been adoring these boots on the web for weeks. Showed picture to husband this weekend, and he said "I guess they are ok if you can actually manage walking in them". To quote Mr. Obama: "YES, WE CAN!" And they make me very tall. Maybe a bit too tall, as I actually get taller than husband. But I'll manage.

Dear Internet. I apologize for being a bit off(line) lately, but someone very dear to me is going through a bit of a rough patch (understatement of the year), and this has taken it's toll on yours truly. If it wasn't for my amazing husband, I don't know how I would have kept myself afloat. He should from now on only be referred to as "Mr. Incredible". Actually, one of my friends thinks he even resembles the "real" (well he is a cartoon hero) Mr. Incredible*. So it is not a bad comparison, really.

Tonight turned into game night, as Mr. Incredible's tennis partner called and cancelled at the very last minute. I offered to jump in, but Mr. I mumbled something about "pigs", "fly" and "hell freezes over", and somehow I got the impression that he does not really see me as an appropriate replacement. Which was good, because at last, my one year long period of nagging resulted in us FINALLY playing his "new" Monopoly board game, the Arsenal Football Club Edition. Previous Christmas present from myself. It is like regular monopoly, but the streets are replaced by soccer players. And the houses and hotels are replaced by stands and stadiums. Pretty neat.

We started off with very different strategies. Mr. I went for a "I am going to buy all my old heroes" kind of strategy. While I went for LOOKS. And nothing but looks. Except when I had to buy a not so handsome player to complete a collection to buy stands/stadiums.

Well, guess who won.... Can someone please tell the stupid person at the back of the class claiming that "good looks do not get you anywhere" to SHUT UP. It works.

I think someone will be looking for revenge this weekend. OR, the game will simply be discarded as "stupid", hence it does not really count. Oh, well. We'll se about THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment