Friday, May 06, 2011

Steak frites avec bearnaise, s'il vous plait


I am by no means trying to wear my remaining shoes by brand. Two pairs of Camper shoes in a row is just a coincidence, I assure you. Here is a proof that Camper does not only make comfortable shoes. These give me blisters on my toes (stupid stiff patent leather), and the slingback strap is a joke, as it refuses to stay up. Of course, the obvious solution to the latter would be pinching an additional hole in the strap to tighten it, but I just couldn't be bothered doing that today. Maybe tomorrow. Or next year.

It sucks being in Oslo this weekend. I should have been on the balcony of my new house today, sipping a glass of rosé on the stone staircase down to the garden. I think I am suffering from French Withdrawal Syndrome, if there is such a thing (computer says... "no"). There is only one place where you can get a proper French fix in Oslo - Brasserie France. I am meeting my dear husband there later. I even went to the hairdresser this afternoon to look my very best. (Hey! Your hair grows during office hours, of course you can have it cut during office hours, too! Duh!)

And - on my way to the restaurant I will be making a very brief stop at LV (which is - very conveniently - located close to the restaurant). It doesn't get more French than that, right?

You see - I started doing my expense report on Wednesday - and it so happens that I have so many tram tickets to and from client offices on my report for the past few months that the refund I get from work will actually more than cover the cost of this very sensible investment! It is practically a free LV cardholder! For my future tram tickets! That's recycling for ya. I even had the thing hot-stamped with my initials in shiny gold. Totally over-the-top, I know.

And who would believe that I actually have a degree in finance....

When I come to think of it, I guess that was CORPORATE finance. Biiiiig numbers. It is all in thousands anyway, isn't it?

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment