Thursday, May 26, 2011

Superwoman


My "I-wish-I-was-young-(or-at-least-born)-during-the-1930s" shoes. From Bianco. Fits well with the current retro trend following "Mad Men" and "Boardwalk Empire". But they are actually quite old. I think I bought them during the previous round of retro-glam, following the release of the movie "Chicago". In 2002. For some reason I haven't used them that much, but for heels they are not too bad. Although I must admit that I brought back-up shoes for today. Just in case these got painful.

Things have been kind of crazy since I got back from New York last Wednesday. Funny thing, apparently I am not supposed to take time off from work, because what happens is that I have to put in TWICE the hours that I take off - before I leave. And then the same amount of hours after I get back. How can that be? I guess the true answer to that question is that having fun motivates me. Work hard, play hard.

Still, the result is that I now feel like a dish-rag. A very tired dish-rag. That some dog has been chewing on for a good while. All day I have been looking forward to getting back into bed, and sleeeeep. In fact, I really feel like hiding under a blanket. And maybe cry a little. I know it is just stress. Because, really, I have nothing to be sad about. At around 9 PM tomorrow night I will be somewhere in the air above Germany, sipping a glass of champagne. Yay. On my way to France to close the transaction on the house. Finally!

But before that - I should really build some automatic reclassifications of intercompany transactions for a client. How terribly exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment