Sunday, May 01, 2011

Houston - we have a problem


Havaïanas. For some reason, I used to think that these sandals were actually produced in Hawaii. Duh. After visiting Brazil in 2008, I know better. You can buy them EVERYWHERE over there. And they cost NOTHING. I use these mainly to get to and from the pool at the gym. Which I visited again yesterday morning, with my sister. My FOURTH visit to the gym this week, mind you.

On Wednesday night I promised myself that IF I made it to the gym three times this week, I would buy the patent raspberry red ballerinas from Clarks. Unfortunately, it turns out that there is no way that I can do that.

You see, I decided to do a long overdue inventory of my shoe closet this morning. And the result was kinda worrying. I keep pictures of the shoes I have used since starting this blog by adding them to a folder on my iMac marked "USED", after they have been posted to the blog. Since I am starting to get a bit sick of having to photograph my shoes every morning before I go out, today I decided to take pictures of all the remaining pairs in my shoe closet in one go, and save these in a folder marked "UNUSED".

I am so clever.

Only. There seems to be a bit of a problem.
  • I started this totally meaningless project on July 31st, 2010. 
  • This was 275 days ago.
  • Since then I have posted 83 pictures of pairs of shoes to my blog.
  • This means that I have worn a "new" pair and written about it every third day or so.
  • The project ends on July 31st, 2011.
  • This is now in 90 days from now.
So. 

How many pairs of shoes do you think I have left in my closet?

How about 96?
Like, nine six.
Yes, NINETY-SIX...

..... and - there is an additional pair waiting for me to be picked of from the post office. 

I think I must consider taking time off from work to be a full-time shoe-wearer until the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment