Monday, May 02, 2011

My name is Efficiency


I managed to wear TWO pairs of shoes today. Although some might argue that these are not really shoes, but rather two pieces of leather with with some rope attached. I do not disagree - technically - but at least we are talking Marina Rinaldi leather and rope, right?

Seasons are quite distinct when you live in Norway. As seasons change there are different procedures that need to performed, like:
  • Changing from winter to summer tyres on the car
  • Taking the skis out of the car to be replaced by golf clubs
  • Delivering your fur coat for summer storage (to avoid creatures laying eggs in it during summer, I guess)
  • Going on a diet (to get that "beach body" you never had, and never will have)
  • Having that long overdue bikini wax. Ouch.
  • Having a pedicure so that you can start wearing sandals again. Yay!
It is important to know your priorities, so today I had a pedicure booked after work. And I walked home in my leather/rope flipflops, allowing my feet to bask in the sunshine in all their newly achieved fabulousness. As wearing closed shoes with a fresh pedicure is a biiiig "no-no".

Hm. I guess it is perhaps time to start thinking about getting those tyres changed at some stage, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment