Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No mercy


Sandals from Danish brand Ilse Jacobsen. A brand that is perhaps more known for their totally annoying rubber boots, a.k.a. "wellies". On any overcast day in Oslo, you will find the streets roaming with girls in these boots. Practical, oh, yes. But growing up in the country side, the REAL country side, I always wonder. Have all these girls just come back from the barn? The stables? It beats me every time. As soon as there is ONE DROP of rain in the air, on with our wellies! Could this be some kind of fetish? I am just wondering. Still, it is quite fascinating to see a brand specializing in the two opposite ends of the shoe scale, cute summer sandals - and sturdy rubber boots.

Time to see Dr. Empathy again. Before our adoption application can be forwarded to the next authority, we need an updated report. From my doctor. A typical visit to this doctor would start with her asking in a brisk voice (combined with her French accent which makes her appear even more intimidating): "So, what's wrong THIS TIME?" Like I was just there an hour ago whining about something. Or, at least, the day before. On occasions when there really IS something very wrong, this has been known to cause tears. Yes. I might appear tough to some, but that is just an image I am working extremely hard to maintain.

On days like today, though, when there is not really anything wrong, but I just need some assistance from this person, I have a tendency to become a tad pissed off. Thinking that I should perhaps "ditch the bitch", and find a doctor that is a bit more gentle. But, the thing is, she is a very good doctor. She gets things fixed when you need to. And if you need a referral, you can be sure she gets you in somewhere.

The only problem occurs when she wants to measure my blood pressure. For some reason, my blood pressure has never been an issue, until I started seeing Dr. Empathy. How could that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment