Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I put a spell on you


Comfy flat working shoes from Rizzo (again!). They were almost ruined this morning, when I decided they needed a little polish before work. I managed to mistake our "quick polish" sponge in a plastic box with CROCS BUTTER. Yup. The yucky grease that you perhaps did not know existed, but which is a must if you want to keep your Crocs in shape. Does NOT look too great on leather shoes. Trust me.

What a morning! It did not end with the Crocs-butter episode, ohno. I do not know what it is. Whether things like these also happen to other people, or whether this is all just me. Me - the walking disaster area.

On my way to the tram stop, I happened to look down. Just to discover that my blouse had very conveniently unbuttoned itself. In a very strategic area. Leaving approximately 50% of my décolletage on display. Just terrific! I closed the button, only to discover that it had slid open again as I was leaving the tram. Being in a hurry - and on my way out  to see a client - the issue at hand had to be fixed. Immedately. I instantly thought of "The Larry-bag"*. The bag I in a moment of desillusion decided to leave at the office a couple of weeks ago. To celebrate the fact that I finally have an office again. Or at least a designated desk that I share with the rest of my team. Accompanied by My Very Own Locker (it even has a lock and a key!). Which was depressingly empty. And screaming to be filled with SOMETHING. So I left my precious Larry-bag in there. Very stupid decision, yes. I see that now.

Ok. What now. No time to run into the office to fetch my emergency kit. So I entered the nearest pharmacy. Hoping that they would have something, anything that I could use to keep my stupid blouse shut. I was even willing to go for TAPE at this stage. As you know, tape - or more specifically DUCT tape - will fix ANY problem, just look at MacGyver. Fortunately, the pharmacy sold safety pins. So I did not have to walk around with sports tape covering my front all day. Genious!

So. I enter our client's office. Very careful not to upset the misbehaving button again. I did not even dare stopping by my client's desk. I just popped my head in - very quickly - saying "Hi" and "Can I use Roberto's office today?". Which turned out to be a very wise decision. Because, just as I entered the above mentioned office, I hear a sound.

"Pop."
The sound of a button. Coming loose.
Then...
"Click. Click-click-click."
A loose button falling to the floor. And then bouncing away.

No. This is NOT happening! I dropped all my things, and started searching for the stupid button. Which was nowhere to be seen. A consultant crawling around the floor looking for a button does not look very professional. So I soon had to give up the search. Safety pins really are a great invention, though.

My 12 safety pins got me safely through the day at the client's office. Our office meeting in the afternoon (at which time I carefully picked up the Larry-bag and put it safely back in my back-pack again). Dinner with my sister. And FINALLY. The highlight of today. Rocking with a 65-year-old. Bryan Ferry.

By the way, do you think Lady Gaga will still be touring, selling out her concerts, when she turns 65? Just wondering.

http://dayinshoes.blogspot.com/2010/12/larry-bag.html

No comments:

Post a Comment