Tuesday, May 03, 2011

It's a man's world


I need to point out that I had these polished before I wore them to work today. This pair of Lumberjacks (!) are among my oldest shoes. We are talking first year of business school. Cirka 1991. Last century. I bought two pairs of these back then, and I have kept both. I could easily have thrown them away, but then in January I suddenly saw some shoes that looked EXACTLY the same in the new shoe collection from Prada. Yay. I have been struggling with the eighties being back in fashion for a while now, but now the very safe nineties are here again. Which suits me better, as I like preppy.

Today I got up early to go and have the tyres on our SUV changed for the summer. While Mr. Incredible, who I should perhaps refer to as my WIFE, drove our little sports car to his office. In theory, I could have changed the tyres myself. But since Mr. I very clearly does not share my interest in manual labour, I am sure as hell not getting my hands dirty on my own. Instead I get to drive somewhere and get this fairly good-looking guy change the tyres while I check out his bum. (Just kidding. I just figured out that if I could make Mr. I jealous of the tyre guy, then maybe he would go get the tyres changed the next time. For a change. As if. And - of course the tyre guy is not even remotely hot. Just my luck.)

This evening I continued performing my duties as the man of the house, spending three hours setting up this box that will allow my wife to watch Norwegian soccer at our new summer house in France. By logging on to our PVR here in Oslo through our French internet connection. Which I am already looking forward to setting up. Using a French user manual. Merde.

I am obviously a bit of a geek, as I actually enjoy getting technical gadgets like these to work. Preferably without help. But the satisfying feeling I had after I got our "Slingbox" to work from a laptop and both of our iPads this evening soon changed to despair when I realized the implications of my actions.

I have now made it possible for my wife to watch soccer anytime. Anywhere. Which accidentally happens to be the slogan for this incredible little box of ours.

Just. Great.

Of course, Mr. I is happy.

Oh, the things you do for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment