Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Bad shoe day

My husband hates these. They were actually GONE for six months after we moved back into our apartment after renovating it last year. I have a pretty good idea who hid them under the bed (very original hiding place). Good thing he did not have the guts to throw them away.

This is the kind of shoes I wear when I feel really, really sorry for myself. Woke up with a terrible cold this morning. The kind that sits behind your eyes and makes your eyes run when you look at bright light. Like, for instance, a computer screen. Called in sick, only to end up having one of my busier working days. It is good to feel useful, but sometimes it would be good to just be able to pull a blanket over your head and forget about the world. At least on days like these. As a consultant that is not always easy. I once got back to see a client after I had been down with a flu for a week. The client asked me when I would be able to deliver the working days "lost" when I was ill. Hm. How would "NEVER" work for you? Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment