Sunday, September 05, 2010

Carpet burns and hickies

Sugar in the mooorning. Not.

I hate waking up not remembering WHEN - or even worse - not remembering at all THAT I went to bed. It does not happen as often as it used to, now that I am such a mature and grown-up person. But it still happens. For some reason it happens more frequently in connection with events at work. I think it might be that when I go to other parties, I am too caught up in making sure that my husband is ok, so that when I go out without him - I totally forget to look after myself. Bad excuse, I know. But maybe an explanation of sorts.

Anyway. Great party last night. I think. It was one of those where you do not really expect it to be much fun, simply because you have not slept the night before, and can not think of anything you would like to do than just sleeeeeeeeep. I guess the turnaround happened sometime in the middle of a half-bottle of prosecco that I shared with my colleague before we went to our rooms to get changed for dinner. There was dancing. There was karaoke. Bottles and bottles of wine. And - as always, I am talking FAR too much. I never learn. I feel sorry for the people that have to bear with me.

Sunday, lunch. First of all: Why do people keep serving me their fish gratain when I am hung over? I crave burgers and pizza on days like these, can you hear me?! Then, we had a short debrief. Comparing bruises, most of them acquired hanging on to the rigs of the tall ship for our bare lives on Friday*. One girl had one that looked very much like a hickey. Who knows what goes on when the whole company shares one very dark bedroom for one night. Then we had the carpet burns. On our chins. Really cute. Apparently there was some sharp edge on the front of our uniform sailor jackets that had caused this. Nice.

Four hour busride to get home (so glad it was not another tall ship sailing adventure). Slept most of the way, then started planning Christmas Party with people on bus. I am not sure if that was a sign that the healing from yesterday's battles was on its way. Or whether I am simply an incurable party animal.

I love my couch. Going to bed now. Sleep tight, you. I know I will.

* Just for the record - I was not among the people climbing the rigs. Somebody had to volunteer to take photos to document it all, you know. AND - I am afraid of heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment