Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why I love soccer. Not.


Dates back to my huge "Geox" fascination, three years ago. Since I have quite a few pairs of shoes - I never really tend to wear them out. Meaning I have quite a few in the back row of the closet that I do not really love anymore, but they are not quite worn down or out of fashion to the extent that I feel I can throw them away. This particular pair can still pass, worn in combination with my old faithful biker-style leather jacket. Without me looking like a complete nerd. I hope.

Ok. I am just wondering here. Did anybody just recently GLUE my husband to our couch? I just don´t know. Normally he changes positions or lies in different spots (it truly is a humongous couch), but if I did not really know for a fact that he has been out of the house to go to work and stuff over the last few days, I would suspect that he is actually stuck there. I just served him his supper, just in case he was not able to get it for himself. What if he really is attached to the sofa forever? Scary thought. Made me feel a bit like this weird woman in the movie "Misery", feeding her hostage. Although I did not break his legs or anything, I promise. Maybe he is just trying to qualify for the next Winter Olympics*.

Yesterday I went to see the guy that likes to torture my spine. Again. Now that I have been there quite a few times, I am starting to notice these little details around his office. As a consultant, I get to see a lot of different offices all the time, and it can be quite amusing. You can actually tell quite a lot about people by looking at what they keep lying around the premises. This guy is truly very, very (limiting on obsessive?) fascinated by all sorts of bones. He has a replica of a spine hanging in a corner. And the walls are covered by all those posters with scary monster-humans showing latin names of body parts you did not know, or wanted to know, existed. I guess this is all quite normal for a guy in his business. So - getting to the point here. The guy is a family man. I can tell because he has a picture of two adorable kids. That look very much like him. So far - so good. Then he has a picture of - what I guess - is his wife. This is where the weird thing comes in. His wife is actually wearing just a BIKINI! Can you believe that!? Weird. Never seen THAT before. I wonder if she is aware of the fact that she is out there on display - for all his clients to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment