Monday, February 14, 2011

A love story


Guess who has worn her new boots today? I am sorry, but you are not getting a price for figuring out which brand. Too easy, hah. Marina Rinaldi, of course. The Pope is still a catholic, you know. Mr. Incredible kindly asked me to pick up our train tickets at the station on my way home from work on Thursday. Bad move. I am not sure if he realized that he was asking me to walk straight into the Lion's den. I mean, our ONLY Norwegian branch of MR is located RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from where he asked me to pick up the tickets. So, I think, SUBCONSCIOUSLY, he felt that I deserved to go shopping. I can take a hint, you know.

The sale was still on (surprise!). Now with a 60% mark-down. Which can SOMETIMES be a real bargain. Most often it is not. I have ended up with far too many disaster buys in the sales to go completely off the hook. So, I got the new boots, an item that was actually on my shopping list already.

And.
There it was.
The. Dress.

The gorgeous black dress that I fell for this Christmas, but did not even dare to try on, because I knew that I would instantly fall in love with it. A really classical/demure silk dress that is channeling a mix of several timeless style icons:

A touch of Grace Kelly.
A little bit of Jackie O.
Then a dash of Audrey Hepburn (in Breakfast at Tiffany's).
All of these mixed with my favorite character of Mad Men, Joan Harris.

Unbeatable. When they have such a dress left on the sales rack, and it is YOUR size, you just buy it. It's destiny. You are meant for each other. Simple as that. It's luuuuuv.

So. Valentine's Day. I know a lot of people enjoy this day, and I am not going to ruin your day by being negative. We just don't celebrate it at our house. Instead we do our best to show each other that we care, more on a running basis.

I have spent this romantic evening so far in the company of my dear husband - and a (recently) dead salmon. (Working on a project for the world's leading fish-farming corporation has its perks!)

Not a bad combination, really. Adding some fresh green asparagus and some hollandaise sauce it turned out pretty well. Soon it is time for our regular Monday night pastime - another episode of our current favorite series, "Boardwalk Empire".

As far as Mondays go, I'm perfectly happy. Especially since I am having Thursday and Friday off this week. So, technically, it is Wednesday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment