Friday, December 24, 2010

Santa baby


New sandals. Guess the brand? Tory Burch again. They were on sale. Unfortunately, the colour did not quite turn out the same as one the web, but they are still OFFICIALLY my very first pair of orange shoes. Perhaps the last, but I could never actually guarantee that, could I?

Christmas evening! Still in Virgin Gorda. We were scheduled to move to the other side of the island, to Spanish Town, today. But the swells are too big. I don't really mind, as we are in paradise. Talked to my parents on the phone just before their Christmas dinner. Miss them. But you cannot have it all. Was a bit funny telling them that I had to end the conversation to go put on a swimsuit for my Christmas swim in the ocean. Dad said that if he did the same at home he would freeze to death. So asked him not to. We had a temperature difference of 50 degrees Celsius between Hamar and Virgin Gorda at that time. Glad I was at the "good end" of that comparison.


I am a bit of a Christmas "junkie". I love this time of year. But I am having some difficulties getting into the true Christmas spirits. I am having a great time, but everything is so different. Still, I have:

1) Watched with great joy as the second humongous gingerbread house on the ship was set up in the lobby area. See picture above.

2) Smelled the Christmas tree. It is real PINE! In the Caribbean I find that really impressive.

3) Watched the Swedish cartoon "Karl Bertils julafton" on my iPad. Good old tradition. (We even watched "Dinner for one"* on YouTube the night before, as that is another Norwegian tradition.) Had to skip the Disney cartoon and "Three nuts for Cinderella", as the DVDs I had brought do not work on the player in our stateroom. Rookie mistake, I know.

4) Did last panic shopping for Christmas gifts at ship boutique. Fortunately, they have a great selection there. We were not supposed to give each other anything this year, as the cruise is our gift to each other. But I just could not take not having one single gift to open. I am such a child.

By the way, we had lunch with our good old friend Mr. Perignon today. Lovely, as always.


The crew had a spectacular Christmas show in the lounge before dinner, which helped my Christmas mood to a new level. They had forgotten one really important song, though. I am especially fond of this verse here:

Santa honey, I wanna YACHT
And that's not really a lot
I've been an angel all year
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY!

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment