Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Saint Barfs




Finally. Now I have used all the shoes I brought. So. This is my THIRD pair of the Tory Burch Miller Thongs. And - last. In brown fake crocodile. Much more comfortable than the previous two in the same design. I think that might be not because these have been broken in, but perhaps because my FEET now has been broken in. Painful, but true.

This has not been a good morning. I have been seasick. Which is terrible. It just makes you want to die. Very temporarily though. The itinerary today was Saba in the morning, and St. Barths in the afternoon. We sailed past Saba. But the tender could not get in with the swell, so instead we had to go straight to shopping paradise. I immediately felt somewhat better.

Hopefully, the person that threw up all over the top deck last night also feels better by now. Classy. At least she was good-looking. Pre-puke, that is. Image surely is everything.

Now we are anchored outside of Gustavia. Apparently, this is THE place to be this week. If it would only stop raining. Please. It will be really expensive staying here for three days when there is nothing else to do than shop. Scary thought. Yet quite enthralling, too, I must admit.

The rumor this morning was that the big white yacht next to us - the Eclipse - belongs to Larry Ellison. The President of Oracle. Which to me would be like having a close encounter with God himself. Quite disappointingly, it was not. Oh no. It belongs to the guy I mentioned to you last week. Roman. The Chelsea-dude.

This guys apparently has the same relationship with his yachts as I do with my shoes. He collects them. So, today he is not on the Luna. I guess maybe the Eclipse goes better with the Villebrequins he is wearing today. Funny.


I think I should try to crawl out of our stateroom now. Get some fresh air. And some raindrops in my hair. A pity with this weather, as I should really have been working on my tan now. Well. I think things could be worse. Like the saying on this t-shirt I picked up for Mr. Incredible in St Johns.


Hm. I wonder if Roman ever gets seasick. I bet he has people that do that for him.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Gustavia, Saint Barthelemy, French West Indies

No comments:

Post a Comment