Thursday, December 09, 2010

When pigs fly


Just as I spend a lot of time doing the invitations for our "Midtvintersblot", I like to try to set a nice table.  Being this very traditional and extremely formal party (not!), that always includes place cards. For years now, we have had home-made ginger-bread place cards. Heart-shaped ones. I could not find my heart-shaped cut-out-thingy this year. So I decided to go for pigs. Which is what most of us do turn into after a few hours anyway. The genius about the ginger-bread cakes is that they serve as back-up food for the ones that do not really appreciate the lutefisk that much. Then they can very discreetly (of course) nibble their little cake, and pretend that they do eat lutefisk. Like any other responsible grown-up person would do.


Every year we also have these bibs. They have indeed saved many a tie over the years. And makes sure that the ladies do not loose (too much) food down their cleavage. It is definitely not a good thing waking up in the morning with lutefisk between your boobs. Not that I have ever tried that. But I can imagine. So, I buy these online from www.seafood.no. Works wonders. We even have matching glasses for the aquavit.

No comments:

Post a Comment