Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Getting into the zone


The newest member of my shoe family. My brand new water shoes, picked up at Crabby's in Coral Bay yesterday. I am not a very brave swimmer, and I hate walking on the bottom if there is just a tiny chance that I might step on something dangerous. Like a tine piece of seaweed. I just hate that. So these have been on my shopping list for a while now.


Saba island. Time for our first snorkeling adventure on this trip at some place called "Whole in the corner". It is weird how floating around looking at fish totally calms you down. I could do that for hours, it is very therapeutical. Almost like meditation.

Well. Except, I guess it is perhaps not SO "zen" getting pieces of fire coral down your cleavage while snorkeling. THAT stings, I can tell you. Fortunately, the dive instructor had some vinegar available to put on it, as I was not too interested in the other option. Although quite a few fellow passengers volunteered to pee on me to neutralize the burn. Thanks, guys. Lovely of you.

After lunch and a much needed shower (I smelled like a salad after having marinated myself in vinegar), we lounged on one of the Balinese sun beds up on deck six. Husband very soon fell asleep, while I was watching two seagulls flying alongside the ship. For two hours. You should apparently not underestimate the entertainment value of seagulls fishing for food.

Arrived in St. Barts at five PM, and jumped on the first tender into port. Looked like everybody else were sleeping off their lunch, as we had the place pretty much to ourselves. The champagne selection in a port like this is pretty impressive, although insanely expensive. Shared a bottle of Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque while watching the sunset. Back on the ship we had dinner with the cruise director, before attending a small impromptu champagne party at the Top Of the Yacht (TOY) bar.

I am now starting to get very much into my vacation "zone". Which reminds me. What day did you say it was again?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Saba, Dutch Antilles

No comments:

Post a Comment